Rebates and Incentives (Charging)
INCENTIVE UPDATE: Taxpayers once again qualify for a 30% Federal rebate (up to $1,000) on costs associated with the installation of an EV charging station through 12/31/2020. More info: https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-8911
Danvers Electric Division’s EV Level 2 Rebate Program
To promote the adoption of Electric Vehicles and associated infrastructure in the Town of Danvers, Danvers Electric Division will offer a rebate program for residential electric vehicle charging station equipment and installation.
Danvers Electric Division’s EV Level 2 RebateProgram offers electric vehicle (EV) owners $300 for installing some or all components of a Level 2 charger system that enables higher speed charging of an EV at your home. A Level 2 charging system consists of a 240-volt wiring circuit from your house electrical panel to a NEMA 14-50 outlet or to a home EV charging station.
The rebate may be used to reimburse a licensed electrician’s services and/or electrical and charging equipment/materials, in order to install one or more of the following charging system components:
(1) a 240-volt wiring circuit with a 50-amp circuit breaker, (2) a NEMA 14-50 240V outlet, (3) a Level 2 charging station.
To qualify for a rebate, you must:
1. Provide invoice for charging equipment and/or electrician’s invoice for installing the Level 2 charger equipment. The addresses listed on the documents must match the applicant’s service address associated with the DED account number on the application. All invoices must also include a date and total costs.
2. Provide the MA vehicle registration for your BEV (fully electric) or PHEV (gas/electric hybrid).
3. Provide an approved electrical inspection document issued by Danvers’ Electrical Inspector.
4. Submit photocopies or scans of all documents. No photos, please.
5 Applications must be submitted within one year of any invoices that you provide.
6. One rebate allowed per registered vehicle in Danvers.
7. Understand that Danvers assumes no liability for any equipment, installation or damages & may inspect purchases to verify the above information up to 1 year after receiving the rebate application.
Questions? Concerns? Call ENE Customer Support at 888-772-4242 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications created on or after January 1, 2019 are eligible. Details are subject to change without prior notice. Please refer to the Danvers Electric Energy Efficiency Guidelines for Residential Customers for more information.